We may receive compensation from affiliate partners for some links on this site. Read our full Disclosure here.
By Anthony | Feb 21, 2026
This is quite messy.
The U.S. Department of Labor Secretary’s husband has been officially banned from the DOL headquarters.
Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer’s husband was banned after two staffers at the DOL accused him of sexually assaulting them.
The Hill provided further context on Lori Chavez-DeRemer’s husband being accused of sexual assault:
The Department of Labor’s (DOL) headquarters banned Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer’s husband after two women employed by the department alleged that he sexually assaulted them, The New York Times reported Thursday.
The staffers claimed that Dr. Shawn DeRemer touched them inappropriately inside the department building, with one of the incidents caught on security camera on Dec. 18, people familiar with the incident told the Times. The video shows DeRemer giving a woman an extended embrace, which was reviewed as part of a criminal investigation.
Another person told the newspaper the incidents were brought up during the DOL’s Office of Inspector General’s investigation into alleged misconduct between Chavez-DeRemer and two of her top staffers.
The Times obtained a Metropolitan Police Department report filed last month about forced sexual contact at the Labor Department building. The department’s sexual assault unit is investigating the incident.
After DeRemer was barred from the building, a building restriction notice viewed by the Times read, “If Mr. DeRemer attempts to enter, he is to be asked to leave.”
Here’s a photo of the couple:
– Dr. Shawn DeRemer, husband of U.S. Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer, faces sexual assault accusations from two female staffers for inappropriate touching at the
department’s Washington headquarters in December 2025, with one incident recorded on security cameras and now… pic.twitter.com/ATqrzWPbf3
— BANK OF TRUEST (@BANKOFTRUE5T) February 20, 2026
Politico reported Chavez-DeRemer’s offices were searched in an investigation into the claims:
District of Columbia police searched Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer’s offices at the agency’s headquarters this month as part of its investigation of sexual assault allegations against her husband, Dr. Shawn DeRemer, according to three DOL officials.
Employees who work in the secretary’s suite were ushered out of their offices temporarily Feb. 5, and Metropolitan Police Department personnel entered and looked around, according to the DOL officials, who were granted anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation.
It is unclear what the police were searching for or how long they stayed, but it is unusual for a local police force to seek access to federal property, and especially rare for them search the office of a Cabinet official. In addition to the secretary’s own office, the suite also includes the work stations of a number of aides and advisers who report to her.
“LCD knew MPD was here but not why,” said one of the officials, referring to Chavez-DeRemer by her initials.
Trump’s decision to nominate Chavez-DeRemer was initially met with controversy.
Read about it here:
President Trump’s Pick for Labor Secretary Sparks Infighting
This is a Guest Post from our friends over at WLTReport. View the original article here.
Trending on 100 Percent Fed Up
