Thursday, February 19, 2026

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested on Suspicion of Misconduct in Public Office

by admin
0 comments

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor – formerly Prince Andrew, Duke of York – was arrested Thursday morning on suspicion of misconduct in public office. He was apprehended and placed in police custody on his 66th birthday.

The BBC notes this is the first time the second son of the late Queen Elizabeth II, who has faced numerous allegations over his links to the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, has been arrested.

Andrew has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing.

Police did not directly name Mountbatten-Windsor, as is normal under U.K. law. But when asked if he had been arrested, the force pointed to a statement (see below) saying they had arrested a man in his 60s.

Mountbatten-Windsor is 66 and today is his birthday.

He was apprehended after a raid on his new Sandringham home.

A man steps out of an unmarked car at the home of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on February 19, 2026 in Sandringham, Norfolk. The late Queen Elizabeth IIs second son has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, following police investigation into the recently released Epstein files. The former prince continues to deny any wrongdoing. (Peter Nicholls/Getty Images)

The BBC report detailed the allegations set out in a statement from Thames Valley police, which says:

“As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

“The man remains in police custody at this time.

“We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.”

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.

“It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.

“We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

The BBC further reports the arrest comes after unmarked police cars were seen earlier Wednesday morning at Sandringham in Norfolk, where he has been living since leaving his home in Windsor.

Andrew stepped back from royal duties in 2019, following allegations by Virginia Giuffre that she was trafficked to have sex with him three times, including twice when she was 17.

File/The former Prince Andrew, Duke of York warmly greets a business leader during a reception at the sideline of the World Economic Forum on January 22, 2015 in Davos Switzerland. (Michel Euler-WPA Pool/Getty Imaes)

King Charles III then stripped his brother of his royal titles and honours late last year after Giuffre recounted the claims in shocking detail in a posthumous memoir.

The King made his move pre-emptively to freeze Andrew out of the Royal Family even though nothing had then, or even has now, been proven in court.

More to come…

Follow Simon Kent on Twitter: Follow @SunSimonKent or e-mail to: skent@breitbart.com

You may also like